For undergraduate commencement information, please visit www.cofc.edu/seniorinfo/.
In order to graduate, ultimately, each student must:
- Complete all General Education and Institutional Requirements.
- Complete all Major and Degree Requirements (including concentration/cognate or minor if applicable).
- Apply for Graduation via MyCharleston (click on Apply for Graduation for more information or MyCharleston to apply via Banner Self-Service)
- Pay the Graduation Fee (after you apply to graduate – pay via your MyCharleston account just as you would any other academic fee)
- Review Diploma information (includes replacement information)
For graduate commencement information, please visit http://gradschool.cofc.edu/currentstudents/commencement/
Things to do before Graduate Commencement
- Apply for graduation.
- Graduation applications are only accepted online via MyCharleston. Log in, then click on the Academic Services tab. Then, click on the Banner Self Service Link. Next, click on “Student,” then “Apply to Graduate.”
- Complete your degree check.
- Ensure the Graduate School Office has a copy of your Program of Study form and any Program of Study Change forms you may have completed.
- If you have transfer credit, which has been approved by your program, please make certain that you have ordered an official copy of your transcript to be sent to the Graduate School Office (for students in Education programs) or to be your graduate program office (all other programs). Transfer credit needs to be manually applied to your student records and this takes time. So please request any transcripts as soon as possible.
- If you are completing a thesis, you must successfully defend your work and submit your thesis online.
- If comprehensive exams are required for your program, please arrange to take the exam on the scheduled dates.
- For information or questions regarding your degree check or graduation, contact the Graduate School.
- Take the financial aid exit interview.
- Purchase graduation regalia.
- Purchase from the College Bookstore. The prices are subject to change and do not include SC sales tax.