Parking on Campus
Vehicles parked in a College of Charleston parking lot must have a valid permit properly displayed to avoid receiving a parking citation. Parking services issues parking permits for all surface parking lots and magnetic access cards for several garages located near campus.
Please contact the Office of Parking Services at 843.953.7834 for answers to all of your questions concerning parking on the College of Charleston campus.
Campus Parking Map
The campus parking map is available at http://parkingservices.cofc.edu/docs/map-only.pdf.
Due to the limited number of parking spaces available on the College of Charleston campus, all guests of the College should be directed to park in a parking garage or in metered parking spots. Any guest who considers parking in one of our surface lots is advised to read the posted signs very carefully, as most of our lots are 24-7 permit-only and subject to citations.
Four public parking garages are located close to campus:
- The College’s St. Philip Street Garage at 81 St. Philip Street (next to the Bell Building); the rate is $0.75 for the first half hour, and $1.00 per hour for each additional hour. The daily maximum is $16.00 per calendar day.
- The new garage on St. Philip Street between George and Liberty Streets; the rate is $2.00 for the first hour and $1.00 per hour for each additional hour. There is no daily maximum at this garage.
- The Wentworth Street Garage, located at the intersection of Wentworth and St. Philip Streets; the rate is $1.00 each for the first half hour, and $1.00 per hour for each additional hour. There is not a daily maximum at the Wentworth Garage.
- The Francis Marion Garage on King Street next to the Westin Francis Marion Hotel; the rate is $2.00 for the first hour, and $1.00 per hour for each additional hour. There is not a daily maximum at the Francis Marion Garage.
* Please note that garage rates are subject to change without notice.
Guest garage passes are available to hosting departments that wish to pay for their guests’ parking. Departments may contact the Office of Parking Services at 843.953.7834 for more information concerning garage guest passes.
CWID is the campus wide identification number assigned to all faculty, staff, and students. You can lookup your CWID through MyCharleston.
- Login to MyCharleston
- Click the My Accounts tab.
- View your CWID in the Cougar Card Mini Statement channel.
- Browse to MyCharleston, but do not login.
- In the Login box, click the link for Get Login Assistance.
- On the Login Assistance page, click the link to Locate Your CWID.
- Fill in the required fields and click Submit Information.
Maymester and Summer Sessions
The College of Charleston offers summer courses in five separate terms. Maymester is a three-week term between the end of the spring semester and the beginning of the summer sessions. Maymester courses are designed to give faculty and students a time for uninterrupted investigation of subjects that particularly draw their interest. Classes meet for three and a half hours, five days a week over the three-week term. Summer sessions are made up of 2 five-week daytime terms and 2 seven-week evening terms. There are substantital offerings at the introductory and advanced levels in all disciplines of the college curriculum. For detailed information about summer school, please visit summer.cofc.edu.
Unofficial transcripts are available online at no cost for both current and former students. To access your unofficial transcript in MyCharleston, please follow these steps:
- Login to MyCharleston
- Look for the Banner Self Service channel
- Click on the Student link
- Click on the Student Records link
- Click on the Unofficial Academic Transcript link
Official transcript requests can be made either:
- Online through MyCharleston, in the Banner Self-Service channel, with a non-Visa credit card or an eCheck
- In-person at the Office of the Registrar, after paying at the Treasurer’s Office
For more information, please view the MyCharleston Request and Access Quick Guide
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT FEES
- Printed transcripts in a sealed envelope delivered by mail:
- Standard mail and pick up:
- $12 per printed copy
- Express mail options:
- $28 per copy for FedEx (U.S.)
- $52 per copy for FedEx (International)
- Payment must be provided at the time of the request.
- Make checks payable to: The College of Charleston
- Standard mail and pick up:
- The College of Charleston does not accept transcript requests or payment information via telephone, e-mail or fax.
- The student is responsible for verifying records, holds and grades prior to submitting a request in order to prevent delays, returns, and/or multiple payments. All student records are viewable online through MyCharleston.
- Online request – mailed next business day
- Walk-in request to pick up – same day
- Walk-in request to Mail – up to 5 business days
- Delivery is dependent upon the Postal Service.
- Allow up to two weeks for standard delivery.
- Please be aware that the Office of the Registrar is unable to track printed transcripts sent by standard mail.
- FedEx cannot deliver to a PO Box.
- It is the student’s responsibility to provide a physical address and phone number for the recipient.
- The student will receive tracking information to the e-mail provided or on file.
- FedEx price includes the $12 processing fee. Additional copies to the same address are only charged an additional $12 each.
Academic records prior to 1976 are preserved on microfilm. As a result, these records unfortunately cannot be accessed online and may not be available for online request or same day pick-up in our office. Please submit your request by mail or contact the Office of the Registrar with further questions. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Official transcripts only display the coursework and grades completed at the College of Charleston. Grades and coursework from previous institutions are not listed on your official College of Charleston transcript. Test scores are also not included. Only the total number of hours from accepted transfer credits are displayed. The College of Charleston cannot forward copies of records received from previous institutions.
Official printed transcripts are printed on security paper and issued in individually sealed envelopes with “void if seal is broken” stamped across the flap.
The following Student Identification Information is included on all official College of Charleston transcripts:
- Full name on record
- Date of birth
- Last 5 digits of the SSN
- Student CWID
- For assistance accessing your MyCharleston account, contact HelpDesk at 843.953.3375.
- Financial concerns or holds should be directed to the Treasurer’s Office at 843.953.5572.
- For further questions regarding transcripts, contact the Registrar’s Office at 843.953.5668 or e-mail the Transcript Coordinator.
CISTERNonline (Career Interests for Students to Experience Right Now!) is a software system administered by the Career Center which enables our students and alumni to view jobs and internships posted exclusively for College of Charleston students/alumni, as well as jobs posted nationally to the 800+ school network. Full time jobs, part time jobs (on and off campus), internships, and co-op opportunities are listed in CISTERNonline.
Contact the Career Center at CareerCenter@cofc.edu or at 843.953.5692 if you need information or assistance in logging in or using CISTERNonline.