January 2016 New Student Orientation
The following session is for students who are starting classes at the College of Charleston in spring 2016. Orientation is a two-day experience and students are expected to attend all programming both days.
New students who pay the enrollment confirmation fee to the Office of Admissions at the beginning of November will receive information regarding orientation registration in the mail. Students may complete their orientation registration online through MyCharleston starting mid November.
|January 2016||Tuesday and Wednesday||January 5 and 6, 2016|
How to Register for Orientation
- Go to my.cofc.edu, use your Cougars account information to log in, and select the “academic services” tab. **Use your permanent log-in. It’ll be letters not numbers.**
- Scroll down and locate the “orientation” box.
- Click on the “orientation registration” link in the “orientation” box.
- You will automatically be routed to the online registration form.
- Verify that your name and email address are displayed and continue to the registration form.
All students have an orientation hold on their file until they attend orientation. It does not affect the ability to register for orientation.
Notification of Confirmation
Please do not make travel plans and/or lodging reservations until your assigned orientation date has been confirmed. One week after you have submitted your online registration form, you’ll be able to see your confirmation online. (We do not mail or email confirmations.) Log onto my.cofc.edu, select the “academic services” tab, locate the “orientation” box and click on “orientation session confirmation.”
Summer 2016 New Student Orientation
The following session is for students who are starting classes at the College of Charleston in fall 2016. Orientation is a two-day experience and students are expected to attend all programming both days.
New students who pay the enrollment confirmation fee to the Office of Admissions will begin to receive orienation information in the mail at the beginning of March. Students may complete their orientation registration online through MyCharleston starting March 16.
|Session 1||Monday and Tuesday||June 20 and 21|
|Session 2||Thursday and Friday||June 23 and 24|
|Session 3||Monday and Tuesday||June 27-28||Transfer Preferred and Open for Freshman|
|Session 4||Wednesday and Thursday||June 29 and 30|
|Session 5||Monday and Tuesday||July 11 and 12|
|Session 6||Thursday and Friday||July 14 and 15||Transfer Preferred and Open for Freshman|
|Session 7||Monday and Tuesday||July 18 and 19|
|Session 8||Thursday and Friday||July 21 and 22|
|Session 9||Monday and Tuesday||August 15 and 16||Transfer Students Only – see note below*|
|Session 10||Thursday and Friday||August 18 and 19||Freshman Student Only – see note below**|
* Transfer students only. Transfer students are welcome to attend any of the sessions 1 through 8 (including Transfer Preferred sessions), but you are eligible to attend orientation session 9 (August 15-16), which is designed especially for transfer students. There are a limited number of seats available that we will reserve on a first-come, first-served basis.
** Freshmen living 700 miles away or further. Session 10 (August 18 and 19) is limited to freshman students who live 700 miles or more away from Charleston, SC.
Sorority recruitment will be August 15-21. If you are participating in sorority recruitment you may attend any orientation session OTHER than sessions 9 or 10.
Summer Preview will be August 18-20. If you are participating in summer preview you can attend any orientation session other than the August sessions.