No, the College of Charleston does not require freshmen to live on campus.
First time entering freshmen (regardless of credit hours) living in campus housing during their first academic year are required
to purchase a qualifying College of Charleston meal plan. Cancellations are not permitted unless the student’s request has been approved by Dining
A resident of campus housing must be enrolled at the College of Charleston and must maintain a minimum of nine (9) semester
hours each semester. The age limit is 24. Exceptions due to extenuating circumstances may be considered by the dean of Residence Life. The College
reserves the right to refuse residence hall admission or readmission at any time if the student fails to meet College admission requirements.
Steps To Apply For Housing
- Log into MyCharleston and go to the Academic Services tab.
- Log into your student eBill and pay the housing deposit and application fee, both found under the Deposit tab.
- Please be aware, housing deposits for the 2011-2012 academic year are non-refundable
- Click the MyHousing link on MyCharleston to begin your application.
- Applications for the Fall semester will run throughout February. Please be aware, there is a 24 hour delay between starting an application and being able to select a room.
Note: If you miss room sign-ups you must complete a housing interest form if you wish to live on campus. Please see our Portal Tutorial or contact us if you have any questions! Students will be notified of their assignments by e-mail and will be able to view them online on MyHousing.
If you experience errors in our new system, paper applications are available.