Parking on Campus
Vehicles parked in a College of Charleston parking lot must have a valid permit properly displayed to avoid receiving a parking citation. Parking services issues parking permits for all surface parking lots and magnetic access cards for several garages located near campus.
Please contact the Office of Parking Services at 843.953.7834 for answers to all of your questions concerning parking on the College of Charleston campus.
Campus Parking Map
The campus parking map is available at http://parkingservices.cofc.edu/docs/map-only.pdf.
Due to the limited number of parking spaces available on the College of Charleston campus, all guests of the College should be directed to park in a parking garage or in metered parking spots. Any guest who considers parking in one of our surface lots is advised to read the posted signs very carefully, as most of our lots are 24-7 permit-only and subject to citations.
Four public parking garages are located close to campus:
- The College’s St. Philip Street Garage at 81 St. Philip Street (next to the Bell Building); the rate is $0.75 for the first half hour, and $1.00 per hour for each additional hour. The daily maximum is $16.00 per calendar day.
- The new garage on St. Philip Street between George and Liberty Streets; the rate is $2.00 for the first hour and $1.00 per hour for each additional hour. There is no daily maximum at this garage.
- The Wentworth Street Garage, located at the intersection of Wentworth and St. Philip Streets; the rate is $1.00 each for the first half hour, and $1.00 per hour for each additional hour. There is not a daily maximum at the Wentworth Garage.
- The Francis Marion Garage on King Street next to the Westin Francis Marion Hotel; the rate is $2.00 for the first hour, and $1.00 per hour for each additional hour. There is not a daily maximum at the Francis Marion Garage.
* Please note that garage rates are subject to change without notice.
Guest garage passes are available to hosting departments that wish to pay for their guests’ parking. Departments may contact the Office of Parking Services at 843.953.7834 for more information concerning garage guest passes.