Scholarships are gift (free) money usually given on the basis of academic merit or some special talent. For organizational purposes we’ve grouped our scholarships by the organization that supplies the money. Choose a scholarship type from the selections below for more information.
• State Scholarships South Carolina residents who meet eligibility requirements may receive either the Palmetto Fellows, LIFE, HOPE, or Teaching Fellows Scholarships.
• Departmental Scholarships are handled by individual departments at the College of Charleston. Often, departmental scholarships are limited to students with particular majors.
• Institutional Scholarships Institutional scholarships are merit-based financial awards and do not require a separate application.
• Other Scholarships and Resources Outside Scholarships are private sources of scholarships offered from organizations outside of the College of Charleston.
• Scholarship Renewal Criteria The Scholarship Renewal Criteria chart compares renewal requirements for Presidential and State Scholarships.